Saturday, July 18, 2009

Free or Super Cheap Splenda Brown Sugar at Target!! PLUS...a yummy recipe for the Splenda Brown Sugar.

I LOVE Target and I have been having serious withdrawal since we got up here to New Hampshire. Yesterday, I decided that I would head over to take advantage of the great deals on Edy's ice cream and see what else I could find on clearance. I walked the perimeter of the store first since I know that's where they hide most of the good clearance stuff. I then headed to produce to see what they had available. I've been craving shortcake (peach, strawberry, blueberry, or raspberry would have been great)! There wasn't much in the produce aisle, but I decided to pick up the fixins for shortcake anyway. I figured I could get fruit at the Farmer's Market of at another grocery store. As I was wandering down the baking aisle, I stumbled upon 8 oz bags of Splenda Brown Sugar. These bags were priced at 78 cents each. The 16oz bags sell for $3.78 at WalMart, so I was quite ecstatic. I was able to use $2/2 Splenda product coupons to get these bags for FREE!!!

Here is a super yummy recipe which we make almost daily at our house!
Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 t. baking soda
1 egg
1/2-2/3 cup Splenda Brown Sugar blend

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix brown sugar and peanut butter til it's nice and creamy! (try no to eat this all before you get to the next step!)
3. Beat egg and add in baking soda.
4. Mix peanut butter and egg mixture together.
5. Drop by teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 7-9 minute....they should be slighlty brown and soft to the touch.
7. Let cool on cookie sheet for around 2 minutes. These cookies will be a little more crumbly then typical peanut butter cookies, but they are darn good with a glass of milk! Enjoy!!!

Search & Win

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 2

Saving Money...Living Better's Fan Box