Monday, March 23, 2009

Saving Money Part 2: How To Make Money Doing What You Already Do!

I love being able to make a little extra money...especially if it doesn't require much effort on my part! I have found 3 ways of making extra money that I absolutely love! I know I've posted about these before, but since I love them so much, I'll probably continue to post about them til everyone I know is making a little extra money!

1. Mr. Rebates

Mr. Rebates
I love Mr. Rebates! Mr. Rebates is a site that gives you cash back for purchases you make through their site! They have over a thousand stores listed. You can get cash back on travel purchases through Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, and even my favorite travel site, Hotwire! Plus, when you sign up for Mr. Rebates, they'll start your account with $5.00. During this past month, I have made $4.56 and my hubby has made over $13...and that is just for purchases we would make anyway! My husband now books all his travel through Mr. Rebates site! To sign up for Mr. Rebates and start getting money back for your purchases, click here!

2. Swagbucks
Search & Win

Another favorite of mine is Swagbucks! In the past 2 months, I have earned Amazon and Starbucks gift cards! You can also redeem your Swagbucks for gift cards to Target, iTunes, and lot of other great stores! All you have to do is use the Swagbucks site (or toolbar) to do your regular online searches and you can win Swag Bucks. Swag Bucks are redeemable for great gift cards and other prizes. Here's how it works!

1. Search
Search the web using www.swagbucks.com and receive results from Google and Ask.com.

2. Earn
Swag Bucks are periodically awarded as you search the web.

3. Redeem
Redeem your Swag Bucks for exclusive swagbucks.com products and more in the Swag Store.

It's easy to do and it's quite fun! If you sign up using my link, I'll get some extra swagbucks too! (So show me a little love by signing up here!!)

3. Open a new bank account!
I opened an ING Direct Orange Savings account a few months ago and made $25. You need to be referred by a current ING Direct customer, but once you receive a referral email, you can set up your account in just a few minutes! If you open your account with $250, you will be credited $25. That's 10% without any effort! If you don't know anyone with an ING Direct account, send me an email (saving money living better at gmail dot com Take out the spaces and use symbols for at and dot) with your name and email address and I'll send a referral email to you. I have found this to be a great place to save without worrying about accidentally spending it as part of our checking account money! You can also make $25 by opening a Money Market Account, just follow the same procedure above!

The above ideas may not seem like much, but they could easily help you make an extra $150-$300 every year and maybe even more than that!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info...I love finding new ways to save money!
    Donna
    occity98@gmail.com
    http://frugaldonna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0 2

Saving Money...Living Better's Fan Box